We process personal data relating to those we employ to work as, or are otherwise engaged to work as, part of our workforce. We do this for employment purposes, to assist in the running of the business and/or to enable individuals to be paid.
The personal data we process may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- data relating to your identity (including name, data of birth, gender, photographs, passport, National Insurance Number, immigration status, marital status, dependants),
- contact details (business and home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact details),
- employment details (position, office location, terms of employment, performance and disciplinary records, sickness and holidays),
- background information (CV, previous experience, qualifications and certifications, criminal records check (for vetting purposes, where permissible and in accordance with applicable law)),
- financial information (bank details, tax information, salary, benefits, expenses),
- IT information – information related to your access to our systems (login details, IP addresses, log files, access/times/duration of use, location).
The collection of this information will benefit us by:
- improving the management of workforce data across the business,
- enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed,
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies,
- allowing better financial modelling and planning,
- ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures and our legal obligations,
- enabling monitoring of selected protected characteristics.
We will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows or requires us to do so.
Under the data protection legislation you have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress,
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing,
- object to decisions being taken by automated means,
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed,
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection legislation.
If you would like to find out more about our data retention policy and how we use your personal data, or if you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold, please contact Kelly Coates.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/