Change Maker Volunteer Programme
Change Maker Volunteers
- Want to make a difference to the lives of young people?
- Are you passionate about a cause and want to change the world for the better?
- Do you want to spread positivity to others and help society in a meaningful way?
If this is YOU, you’re 14-19 years old and live in Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside or Gateshead then read on because our Change Maker Volunteer Programme might just be for you.
As a Change Maker Volunteer you will take part in social action and encourage other young people to make a positive difference to their local communities and wider society.
When: meeting times and venues are flexible.
What does a Change Maker Volunteer do?
- How to raise awareness of youth causes and create solutions to help young people
- Effect change by training at UK parliament on Lobbying
- How to consult with young people about their needs and aspirations
- Raising awareness of youth issues through social media, events and projects
- Championing young people’s causes
- Giving others a voice
What skills will I develop for my CV?
- Problem solving – Working with young people to problem solve around young people’s issues and achieve social change.
- Creativity – Using creative thinking and creative methods to engage with young people around issues of importance.
- Independence – Manage yourself, others and time effectively to complete tasks.
What other skills will I learn?
- Communication – Express their own opinions as well as work on behalf of others, to engage with facts and present ideas and information.
- Resilience – Each volunteer will be supported to learn through reflecting on the team’s successes and failures.
- Confidence – Volunteers will gain valuable confidence through learning to engage with youth people and champion there causes.
What do I need?
- Interest in working with young people
- Interest in Helping others
- Interest in raising awareness of youth issues.
What else do I need to know?
- It will include one overnight residential and a one day London trip.
- Young people may need to complete agreed tasks independently in their own time.
- All face to face volunteer time is flexible and negotiated within the group.
How do I apply?
Yearly applications are taken from the 1st of July to the 1st of October.
Please visit the V-Inspired website: https://vinspired.com/roles/284254 to apply
The Project Manager will email you within two weeks for an informal chat, you can then enroll if there are spaces available. If the programme is full you will join a waiting list.